Monday, August 8, 2011

I am not a stalker. Promise!

Okay…so follow up to find a friend story.

Friday Cathy asked me if I wanted to walk to the library with her to return some books. That’s right…here at the Zoo we have our own library. We are awesome!

I told Cathy I would go with her as long as we could stop at the living coast and smell the penguins. Yes…smell the penguins. When I feel homesick I go into the aquarium section of our zoo and smell a ranker version of home. So down the alley we walked towards the library. By the time we got in the library and returned the books I was ready to go back to the trailer (yes…we work in a triple wide). The wind was blowing my cotton skirt around and it was just a matter of time before some zoo patrons saw my pink underwear and were turned to stone. My ass is scarier than Medusa’s head. I should also mention it was month end and I had to close payables month before I could go home.
Cathy said we were almost there and she hadn’t been there in a long while so let’s just go. SO I DID.
Train wreck approaching.
We passed the splash pad and If I could go back, I would have run through the water like I wanted to and gone back to work.

Cathy and I walked through the exhibit. Parts are murky, other parts glorious. Had a funny chat with a woman about jellyfish stinging her son once and how now at 19 he still fears the ocean.

It was way crowded so we finally made it to the penguin part….Ahhh…smell that delicious almost pacific smell. Close your eyes and pretend. It was wonderful until the sensation of tons of milling people started to make me feel closed in. Cath and I started out the doors…almost home free. Who do I see? Kringle. WTF! WTF! WTF! I averted my gaze and tried to meld with the group ahead desperately trying to get out the door.

Seriously….. Yes…Living coast is one place I might see him….but the chances were minimal. Or so I thought.

I sent my brain waves to Cathy….avert….serpentine….meld into the wall and let’s get out of here.
Cathy did not pick up on the brain waves.
“HEY KRINGLE!” She yelled as she waved.

Crap.

What follows is something like this…..

Kringle outloud “ hey”
Kringle in his head “ great. She is stalking me now. What next? A boiled bunny on my doorstep?”
Stacie outloud “ hey”
Stacie in her head “ Shit. He thinks I am such a stalker. Put the lotion in the basket Kringle. How do I get out of this?!”

Then mumbles about this and that….and CUT! We split and Cath and I run into the cool skeleton shop and I am safe again.

As we speak, chances are good a restraining order is being filed.

No comments:

Post a Comment