Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Anthropomorphism

Kringle has said numerous times to me (back when he still thought I was normal enough to not hide from) that i anthropomorphize animals. I am sure he has said this to loads of people seeing as he uses the word without stumbling over it, as I tend to do.

Today I had 2 guinea fowl experiences. the first one I talked about on Facebook. Long story short, Spike charged out of the bushes at me and ran after me clucking angrily while I screamed and ran two feet...realized I shouldn't be running from a bird and turned around to face my nemesis. Throwing my hands up in the air I yelled " I'm not even bugging you!" and Spike clucked once more and turned around and went back to his bat cave.




The second experience I had was when I had to go to South Gate to help a friend. I opened our trailer door and there sat one of the guinea fowl staring at me and blocking my way down the ramp. It was like two cowboys passing each other. We kept eye contact as I approached what I later learned was Agnes. I turned my body to keep her in full view as we passed each other and both backed up to allow room. As soon as I hit the corner I sprinted down the rest of the ramp...and just in time...here comes Spike, running from someplace past the ramp! I high tailed it out of there. By the time I got back, Peg was outside smoking.

I joined her on the bench and soon enough we were able to witness why I think animals ARE like humans, and why Spike is so damned pissy.

Here come Spike and Agnes....walking toward the ramp. Spike is clucking something at Agnes as they are walking. When they get to the beginning of the ramp there is a space between it and the trailer, just Guinea Fowl sized. Spike walks into the void as Agnes , not really paying attention, walks up the ramp that is fenced on both sides. What follows is what I believe they were saying to each other, although I could only hear cluck cluck craw blah blah...

Agnes: Spike? Spike? Where are you, you were just here a minute ago!
Spike: Oh Agnes. Not again.
Agnes: Oh! Oh! I can see you Spike! How did these bars get here? OH...I can't fit through~! How did you? Spike?
Spike: Agnes, fer crying out loud you stupid hen! How many times....Oh never mind...hold on.
Agnes: Spike! Where did you go! You just disappeared! Oh!!!!!
Spike: Behind you Agnes, I walked under the ramp. Turn around and follow me.
Agnes: Oh! There you are! Now you are on the other side! Its like magic Spike! Magic!
Spike: Would you just....Ahhhh you are KILLING me Agnes...just walk with me down the ramp...here you go....almost at the end.
Agnes: LOOK! Now there are no bars! That is amazing Spike. You are so smart!
Spike: Yes Agnes you dumb broad, now put your wing against that trailer wall and follow me.

And then Spike blocked Agnes from the side that leads to the ramp and basically shoved her into the space he had gone into before...and they lay down in the shade and Agnes was happy and Spike was...annoyed.

So I think this is why Spike is always in a bad mood. I guess I would be too if I had to put up with Agnes every day.

Crazy bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment