Monday, August 15, 2011

Fowl attack.

So today Peg and I decide to take a break and sit outside for a bit. Her smoking, me relaxing. We were discussing the differing smells of two potential bathroom sprays I had bought for our trailer bathroom, when the Guinea Fowl approached. We have 2 guinea that I love to watch. They are a couple of wackos. One hides when confronted by just about anything (including a stong wind I bet) and the other is maniacal. It has attacked and run from peacocks (inspiring school children to chant Go peacock Go peacock GO!), has run out from under stairs and chased people, and tried to peck at someone’s leg. I think it needs a little studded dog collar on its teeny little neck so that we can identify him from a distance.



Anyway, I was sitting on the bench facing peg with my arm up on the bench back fingers dangling over the top. As we were talking the scardy fowl skulked by trying to look all innocent as bird of doom walked under the bench. I wasn’t afraid if it and kept talking….then it happened.

Peg said later that she saw it leap its weird shaped body up into the air as it headed for my …

RING FINGER!

That fowl bit my ring finger! I actually levitated straight up and screamed like a 10 year old girl at a slumber party! My arm shot straight up in the air like I was asking a question in grade school. The Guinea fowl? Went back to pecking at the ground, probably put out that it couldn’t keep a hold on that juicy “worm”. Bird of doom did not break the skin, but the feeling of the birds soft mouth around my finger still haunts me.

And now we have to deal with Bird of Doom having his first taste of human flesh. He will be unstoppable now.

No comments:

Post a Comment