Friday, August 27, 2010

Previous Post January 2005

Friday, January 21, 2005

Dang Vegetarians!

So...Everyone knows my husband Mike is a vegetarian....Except on Saturday nights when he will eat his moms cooking because he doesn't want her to go to any extra "trouble" for him.....God help me if I accidentally buy flavored rice that has 1% rendered chicken fat in it...he can tell and will eat around it!

Anyway....

Last night I made goat cheese and arugula penne pasta...He complained about needing a drink and since his legs were broken (not) I sighed and said I would get him something...All the big glasses were in the dishwasher so I broke out my 40 dollar supergirl glass that NO ONE especially my BROTHER is allowed to touch and filled it up with a hunk of ice and the LAST of the precious ice tea. I could explain what happened next, but will instead insert an excerpt of an email from Mike to our friend Kim.



Mike-
So I was eating dinner last night, drinking some iced tea, nearly done drinking the tea, when I notice there is a ladybug in my tea. Dead of course. What is with that? Why is she trying to get me to drink a bug? I thought the saying was 'Make me eat a bug if I am wrong". How many other bugs has she slipped me that I didn't notice?

Kim-
and you are a vegetarian too!!! She is evil!! It must have been in that cup since Oct when they all come out. Does she wash the dishes.....how did it taste? You probably have eaten giant cockroaches that she passed off as portabella mushrooms!

Mike-
Wash the dishes?? Only when the moon is blue.

It added a little spice to it. In the upstairs bathroom she put a little dish on the countertop with a couple of raisins and a small damp cloth. She read someplace that helps the ladybugs to survive until spring. I saw one in there the other day. Obviously she has become a lady bug farmer. I didn't notice what she did with the bug after I saw it. She probably took it out and will use it as a soup bone next.



Ok...Seriously...it is the dead of winter here and is currently 17 degrees outside...yet sometimes I will find a LIVE ladybug in my bathroom...I can't put it outside it will freeze...and I can't live with knowing I am starving a ladybug to death in a room with no food...Online it said they will snack on dried raisins and suck moisture off of a wet papertowel...I am not FARMING them...I am just being a caring human.

Also- If Mike listened to me and put the glasses in the cupboard with the mouth side down instead of up he wouldn't have almost ingested a ladybug corpse.
posted by Ry's Momma @ 10:38 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment