Friday, August 27, 2010

Dream cheese and cold smooth water

My child has been having bad dreams lately and conversely waking up early as ravenous as our fat cat Zella. This tends to drive me insane....less sleep at night due to his cries and less sleep in the morning, due to his early rising.around morning 3 i remembered that one of his doctors had mentioned a piece of cheese before bed would help him sleep better (this was years ago when he was a picky eater) ...so being the embellish. er that i am I said " Riley! A doctor told me once that cheese will help you sleep and not get up early since it fills your belly....and oh....it gives you great dreams too! " Okay...so the last part was all me.

Since then, each night he has asked for a piece of cheese and in the morning he tells me that he slept WONDERFULLY....

Well tonight i forgot to give him the cheese...as he lay in bed he said "Momma....I need a piece of cheese"...Man, i was tired! So i said..."Honey...there was cheese on your pizza...I'm sure it will be fine." "No momma! I need my Dream cheese NOW! " well crap....i started this so its my own fault....down i trudge to the fridge, get a slice of cheese....bring it up and pass it to a reclining Riley....he took a bite and sighed,....and then said while eyeballing my water bottle...." after i finish my dream cheese i am going to need some icy cold smooth water."

I handed over the water bottle, watched him take a small sip then he curled up and almost fell asleep before i had even left the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment