Saturday, February 11, 2012

Birthday approacheth

I am turning 40. I am not being sarcastic when I say how excited I am by this. I always looked forward to the 30s and 40s. it seems like that would be the most amazing part of your life. You are finally an adult and you feel it down in your bones. Just look at what happened in my 30's.

I took a job halfway across the county and moved there alone.
I got married.
I had a child.
I got separated from my husband.
I realized that if I took this one little pill I would be less shy and anxiety ridden.
I got a job at a zoo!

In that time I have visited old friends, made new friends, and mostly learned a shit load of stuff about myself. It leaves me wondering what wonderful or life changing things will happen in my 40's? Oh...Happy Birthday to me.

1 comment:

  1. From my mom posted on wrong blog....


    You are awesome, but then I'm your mother so what else would I say. It is true though, I have a lovely and wonderful daughter. I love reading everything that you write. Have I told you so many times to write a book. Now you can write your memories. You make me laugh and that is the best medicine that anyone can have. I love you daughter. May the next 40 years bring you laughter, smiles and happiness. Plus more adventures of the nice kind.

    ReplyDelete